Pre-Empting A Cold
Just as school starts back up, both my kids have colds. It’s that season.
I take a few pre-emptive measures against colds.
My daily school-year routine is:
1) 1 Scoop Trader Joe’s Super Red Powder mixed in water
2) 1 Zinc supplement tablet per day
3) 1 high quality multi-vitamin like this.
As soon as I feel a cold coming on, or if my kids have one, I ramp things up with the following:
4) Eliminate sugar from diet and drink (no bread/pizza indulgences either)
5) Take 1 Zinc + C losenge every 4 hours
6) Trader Joe’s Super Red Powder mixed in water (1 scoop in the morning, 1 scoop at night)
Bonus Reader Tips:
- Use garlic liberally, put it in everything you cook
Note: There is also a Trader Joe’s Super Green Powder mix, but through experimentation and ingredient research I’ve come to firmly believe that the red is superior at fighting colds.